Welcome

. . . in all seriousness, thanks for stopping by! This blog will no doubt evolve over time, and will include all sorts of content. My aim is to let you know what we're doing as a family, how I'm coping as the mum of a child with Cerebral Palsy, and a variety of other things too.

If you are the parent of a special needs child, I pray that you will find encouragement, hope and support within these posts. I'd like to get to know your story too, so be sure to leave a comment.

I hope you'll come back soon.



Monday 23 April 2012

What a great day

It's been a really good day today, and the boys have been fabulous.  I've been having issues with Reuben getting ready in the mornings.  Occassionally he behaves, but more times than not, it is a huge drama just to get out the door  to get to school on time.  Phil leaves for work before any of the rest of us get up, so I'm basically a solo parent in the mornings.
Not sure where I found this, hopefully I'm not breaching a copyright!

This morning Reuben was super good, got himself dressed, had breakfast, etc no problems, no disagreements.  Then tonight when we got home, I had a terrible headache.  Although I hadn't said anything to Reuben, he was being really helpful.  Then we sat on the sofa and practised the sign alphabet.  His class have been learning a bit at school.  After we'd done that for a bit, and spelt out all of our names, he said to me right out of the blue, "Would you like me to brush your hair mum?"  Not something I'd normally go for, but why not it might help my head feel better, and it'll be relaxing anyway.  It was soooo nice and very relaxing.

After both boys eating all of their dinner (doesn't happen very often), I got Isaac through the bath and Reuben had a quick shower.  It was a reward for him since he'd been really good, but only on the condition that it was quick.  Now, yours and my idea of quick, and that of an almost 6 year old boy, are two totally different things.  For a while he has had to have baths because he was taking over 20 minutes to shower.  Tonight he was nice and quick, and both boys were in bed on time!  Again another rareity in our house.

Sometimes it just a combination of small things, that make it feel like a big deal.  Let's hope that this behaviour continues.  What have your little rascals done lately that makes you feel really good?
  
Creative Images

I haven't heard from the Champion Centre yet, so I'll be phoning tomorrow to see if I can get things moving along.  It's over six weeks since Isaac's appointment with the consultant, and we still haven't had an apointment with Speech Language.  I think it's time for me to get that moving along too.

I've added a couple of You Tube songs to the sidebar of my blog.  They have been a source of hope and comfort during some of the most challenging times in my life.  Take a listen, and see what you think of them.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Tui. I've been enjoying reading your blog. One way for us to get round to catching up aye?! Wendy from the CC came round the other day and I was going to ask her about what was happening with your enrolment but I thought it might be a bit cheeky :) Fingers crossed. Much love to you all.
    Cush xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we'll get to see a bit of each other at CC.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...