Welcome

. . . in all seriousness, thanks for stopping by! This blog will no doubt evolve over time, and will include all sorts of content. My aim is to let you know what we're doing as a family, how I'm coping as the mum of a child with Cerebral Palsy, and a variety of other things too.

If you are the parent of a special needs child, I pray that you will find encouragement, hope and support within these posts. I'd like to get to know your story too, so be sure to leave a comment.

I hope you'll come back soon.



Thursday 5 July 2012

Through the Lens Thursday

I've spent most of the past week in bed ill, hence no posts. Haven't been this sick in many years, it even took a few days for the antibiotics and steroids to kick in.  Just as well it's only the athletes and not the staff at work that get drug tested after a match!

Bathroom
Share a bathroom - yours, a public one, a friends - can even just be the door
I knew that today's photo challenge was bathroom. Our bathroom at home is not very exciting, it's not modern, is a bit worse for wear (and earthquakes). So when I needed to use the bathroom at the mall I figured that I'd just take a photo of the door. I actually quite like the coloured frosted glass with stainless accessories. Wasn't until I went to upload this week's photos that I realised that the suggestions included public bathroom and that it could even just be a door.

On the shelf
Shoot a shelf and what's on it
No cupboard is complete without a cookie jar!  What does your cookie jar or cake tin look like?

Soft
What's soft? Is it your hair, a toy, a sofa, or something else?
Soft cuddly toys, for cuddly boys - and this is only some of the collection.  Some nights there isn't much room in bed for the boy.  Other nights the boys both get into bed together and there isn't much room for the toys.

A friend
Take a snap of a friend and share it.
It's so good to have Aunty and Uncle home. They've been working overseas for the past 9 months. Welcome home!

Self Portrait
A photo of yourself that you've taken (get creative, take a photo of your reflection maybe?)
Snuggles on the couch, and playing with the phones camera.  That was about all that I was up for.

Best Part of Your Day
What's the best part of your day? Your morning coffee? Seeing your kids or loved one? Going for a walk? Snap it and share it.
What a surprise I got when I went onto my blog and found that I've passed 2000 page views! That really made my day. There are people around the globe who are interested in what is going on in our lives, very humbling.

Busy
Take a photo of something busy - the street, your to-do list, people shopping, just something that represents busy.

It's been a bit difficult to get a shot of busy, and I've been thinking about having a go at using some of the various photo apps that are available.  I'd been wondering how some of the photos on other blogs looked so fantastic. Tints, saturation, contrast, as well as various effects within the different apps. Had a bit of a play and this is what I came up with:



Obviously different effects will work better on different photos, but I thought that this one of the cuddly toys was a good place to start.

What do you do with your photos?  Use them as is, or crop them?  Do you have a favourite effect or app?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...