Welcome

. . . in all seriousness, thanks for stopping by! This blog will no doubt evolve over time, and will include all sorts of content. My aim is to let you know what we're doing as a family, how I'm coping as the mum of a child with Cerebral Palsy, and a variety of other things too.

If you are the parent of a special needs child, I pray that you will find encouragement, hope and support within these posts. I'd like to get to know your story too, so be sure to leave a comment.

I hope you'll come back soon.



Thursday 31 May 2012

Through the Lens Thursday

If you've been following my blog for a couple of weeks, you'll know that usually I do a Wordless Wednesday with photos on topics from photoaday via chantelle of fatmumslim.  So where is this week's post?

I've been thinking that it wasn't working the way I wanted it to, and have been wondering what to do to change it up a bit and make it more me.  Driving to work this morning, I figured it out! I'm still going to use the subject list from photoaday, but I'm going to do it weekly on a Thursday AND it's not going to be wordless anymore.  I want to share with you the story behind the photos.
something new {what's something new in your life?}
It's starting to get cold here, we're getting a frost most mornings.  The boys and I have been enjoying curling up on the sofa with this gorgeous quilt, made by my friend Deb.
unusual {share something a little odd or weird}
There is so much deconstruction happening in the city at the moment, however, this is still not the sort of thing that you would see every day.  A crane holding a steel beam with some kind of mesh which was used as part of the internal make up of the building.  And check out setting sun reflecting on the clouds.

12 o'clock {take a photo at noon or midnight, whatever you're doing}
Saturday morning rugby was later than usual, meaning  a nice sleep in for mum!  Isaac loves going to watch Reuben play rugby, cheering him on, messing around on the grass.

something sweet {a candy/lolly, a cake, a person, something cute ... }
Hot chocolate, trim, extra strong ... I don't drink coffee or tea.  If you're a barrista and I order a hot choc from you, you better make sure that you get it right!  I'll send it back if it's not.  You think I'm kidding?

 
the weather {is it sunny, rainy, cloudy? Shoot it!}
Because we've been getting frosts most mornings, we've been getting lovely sunny days.  I don't mind this kind of winter.  I'd much rather have frosts and sunshine than dull and grey.

a number
There are so many of these around the city.  I drive through at least 6 sets of road works in my 15km drive to work each day.

personality {show us your personality in a photo, a word etc}
Does this little dude have personality or what?  He's also really really good a making a mess eating his yogurt!  When there's a huge mess to clean up, I often need to remind myself to pause and be thankful that he can feed himself and in fact that he is able to eat food fullstop.

So that was this weeks Through the Lens Thursday, let me know your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...