Welcome

. . . in all seriousness, thanks for stopping by! This blog will no doubt evolve over time, and will include all sorts of content. My aim is to let you know what we're doing as a family, how I'm coping as the mum of a child with Cerebral Palsy, and a variety of other things too.

If you are the parent of a special needs child, I pray that you will find encouragement, hope and support within these posts. I'd like to get to know your story too, so be sure to leave a comment.

I hope you'll come back soon.



Monday 18 June 2012

Bubbles, Bubbles, Bubbles

I sent Isaac into the bathroom to wash up ready for dinner tonight.  He's normally pretty good at washing his hands, but seemed to be taking a while.  When I went to check on him, I found him sitting on the floor, with a whole bottle of liquid soap poured out over him.  "Wouldn't work" he tells me.

The other day, when the soap was running low, Reuben had opened the pump and poured a little bit out onto his hand, so that we could get washed up for dinner.  Obviously Isaac thought that he would do the same!  Since dinner was already sitting on the table, I wanted to get Isaac sorted quick as possible.  So I pulled off his clothes and got him into his pajamas, then we went and ate dinner.

Later, when it was bed time, I suddenly realised that I had just left the bathroom as it was. I did another quick clean up, and then threw the clothes into the washing machine.  Our washing machine is a front loader and front loaders are meant to use low sudsing soap powder . . .


So now I'm trying to figure out how to get the soap out of the clothes!  I scooped the remaining suds out (3/4s filled the tub with bubbles, twice), added some water, drained and repeated a couple of times.  Hopefully it's been enough to get any excess soap out of the machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...